In an effort to extend international development opportunities to a larger number of Ireland’s best young cyclocross racers, we are seeking applications for places for two UCI cyclocross camps.
There are a maximum of two places available for application at each camp.
Successful applicants will be subject to a final selection by the UCI.
Camp 1: 19-22nd June 2018, UCI Cyclo-cross training Camp,Aigle (Switzerland)
Deadline for rider applications 25th March 2018
Camp 2: 2-7th October 2018, UCI Cyclo-cross training Camp,Aigle (Switzerland).
Deadline for rider applications 25th June 2018.
Camp includes racing the EKZ CrossTour International CX event.
Each camp will focus on the physical, technical, mental, and organizational aspects of competitive Cyclo-cross and will serve as excellent preparation for future international competitions.
• High level coaching from Cyclo-cross experts;
• Use of the terrain and facilities at the World Cycling Centre including the Cyclo-cross course which has been used in several past World Cups and for the international race held on the 7th October;
• Full days of training including conditioning; technical Cyclo-cross training; road training and education;
• Full-board accommodation at the Mon Séjour in a dormitory facility, with breakfast, lunch and dinner at the World Cycling Centre’s restaurant ‘Le Vélodrome’;
• Transportation to/from the camp, as well as health/accident insurance are the responsibility of each Federation and/or the individual rider;
• Riders must provide their own bikes, related equipment and shoes/helmet. A list of what to bring will be included in the Welcome Packs which will be sent once the selections have been finalised.
Riders who are eager to improve through international competition are encouraged to use these camps as a primary development tool in their cyclocross development.
These camps are designed specifically for development of the next generation of Irish cyclocross talent in the categories of Junior/U23 Women and Junior/U23 Men.
The program’s primary focus is international competition with the aim to make an impact in World Cup and World Championship competitions.
A primary element of developing cyclocross riders in Ireland is the belief that the best pathway for international cyclocross success comes through strategic blocks of European cyclocross racing, due to the level of competition, challenge of courses, and exposure to European race conditions.
All interested riders should complete the UCI application form (link) and send it to Cyclocross Co-ordinator Andy Layhe firstname.lastname@example.org as their expressions of interest. Deadline for the first camp is close of play 25th March 2018.
Selected riders will need to provide a photocopy of their passport before the application is sent off to the UCI.
If you require any further information please contact Andy before the closing dates (above).