The complete list of all riders that raced in the 2013 NPS and their new categories for 2014 can be found below:
Grading rules for 2014:
1. All top 5 riders in each Senior Men category are moved up (based on overall NPS standings)
2. No mandatory upgrades for Senior Women categories
3. No mandatory downgrading for 2014
4. Top 5 Junior Men riders (if 19 as of 1st of January 2014) are moved up to Senior 1 Men
5. Junior Men that turn 19 in 2014 and who finished outside of top 5 in 2013 can choose Senior 2 or Senior 3 Men category for 2014 (please e-mail the XC Co-ordinator)
6. Newcomers who didn’t race in 2013 can select any category with exception of Senior 1 Men / Women
Several riders have upgraded themselves during the 2013 season and thus will continue in the category they upgraded to, or have been identified for upgrade.
Riders are welcome/encouraged to upgrade themselves to a higher category (as high as Senior 2 Men / Women) if they feel that they will have more of a challenge, it also means you will get better value out of your licence and entry fee by racing an additional lap!
All riders have a right to appeal their upgrade, as agreed at the 2013 Offroad AGM.
A rider will need to specifically request to be downgraded by sending an email with the subject “2014 XC NPS category downgrade request” to the XC Co-ordinator
You will need to include your full name, CI licence number, your 2013 category you competed in, and the 2014 category you are requesting to be downgraded to.
You will also need to include a paragraph justifying why you require downgrade.
All requests MUST be received before 10th of November 2013.
Any requests received after this date WILL NOT be processed.
Your 2014 racing category will appear on your Cycling Ireland Licence
Any questions/queries please drop an email to: the XC co-ordinator