Race Licence Information

To race in an ‘open’ Offroad event, you will need a licence to do so (an example of an open event is the DH or XC National Points Series/NPS).
A Cycling Ireland LIMITED COMPETITION licence will cover you for all offroad disciplines  (eg; XC/DH/CX/BMX)

In order to compete in Irish National Championship events, you must have an “IRL” UCI code on your licence.

If you wish to compete overseas (outside UK & Ireland), you must request over seas authorization on your licence.

Where can I get a licence?

You can buy a licence on the Cycling Ireland website here, or you can purchase a one-day licence at the event.

Click here for list of the CI Membership types.

What type of licence do I need?

Non Competition (NC) or Leisure licence is the most basic form of licence (these are deemed ‘non-race’ licences), if you purchase this, you will also need to purchase a 1-day licence for every race you enter.
This is the recommended licence type if you will only be doing a few races per year.

A Limited Competition (LC) licence allows you to compete in all offroad events without having to purchase a 1-day licence for every race you enter.

The fees for the various licences are shown here

What insurance is provided by my Cycling Ireland licence?

All the Cycling Ireland insurance information and documentation can be found here.