Just to avoid confusion – there was no Rnd.1 of the XC NPS (it was cancelled due to access issues), so you didn’t miss a race!
This race is on Sunday 29th April – checkout the Cuchulainn website for all the details!
Race Coordinator Gary Sheils and fellow Cuchulainn CC club members will be showcasing the much improved XC race loop for Round 2 of the NPS in the grounds of the private estate at Bellurgan Park, Dundalk Co. Louth.
Online registration closes Fri 27th April at 6pm sharp!!
Course Description:- The 2012 course will be very fast flowing on the descents with additional jumps and berns added to compliment the 3.3km of mixed technical single track and 1.3km of open field and wide fire road for over taking and hydration. Shorter race loops will be retained on part of the main course specific to the younger U12 & 14 riders and the kids U6 – U10 shall be located within the Paddock – Marquee area.
The course will be open for practice from 10am on Saturday the 28th of April 2012, and Race Day Practice on the course open from9.30am until12pm.
Race Day Facilities
- The start line is adjacent to the car park.
- There are some great spectator spots that are accessible for young families.
- There will be lots of assorted children’s activities.
- Time By elite timing
- Refreshments – Coffee/Tea vending throughout the day
- Ice cream van
- Car parking is in a flat field with toilet facilities.
- There will be a selection of sandwiches, cakes & Hot food available in the race Marquee food stall, as well as tea & coffee free to all race participants and families. The food stall will be located in the marquee.
- Two local bike shops with merchandise available for purchase at the Race Paddock.
- Niall Clarke Oils €20 voucher for all Senior category podium finishes.
By Car: Take the North bound Exit 18 for Carlingford off the M1. Follow the XC signs and also the road signs for Carlingford. Over theFlurryRiver (brown sign) past the 80km speed sign. The road narrows and there are trees on your left. Signage will be provided from Exit 18 to the event entrance. There will be an MTB XC sign at white gates on the left. Turn in there. (Only 5mins or so from exit 18 of the M1).
The race will be run again in the excellent venue of Bellurgan Park, which according to the race organisers has had some nice additions to the route since last year.
Directions to the venue HERE
Please be aware that grading has been introduced for the 2012 season, please check this link to see the assigned riders categories.
If you have previously requested a downgrade but do not see a status for your request in the list, please email email@example.com
The race organisers would much prefer that you register and pay online as this saves them a lot of time and trouble, please note that if you do not register AND pay online you are subject to a €5 penalty on the day.
Enter online here